Positive Voltage Regulators
The LM323,A are monolithic integrated circuits which supply a fixed positive 5.0 V output with a load driving capability in excess of 3.0 A. These three–terminal regulators employ internal current limiting, thermal shutdown, and safe–area compensation. The A–suffix is an improved device with superior electrical characteristics and a 2% output voltage tolerance. These regulators are offered with a 0° to +125°C temperature range in a low cost plastic power package.
Although designed primarily as a fixed voltage regulator, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltages and currents. These devices can be used with a series pass transistor to supply up to 15 A at 5.0 V.
• Output Current in Excess of 3.0 A
• Available with 2% Output Voltage Tolerance
• No External Components Required
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
• Output Transistor Safe–Area Compensation
• Thermal Regulation and Ripple Rejection Have Specified Limits