The TSMP1138 is a miniaturized sensor for receiving the modulated signal of infrared remote control systems. A PIN diode and preamplifier are assembled on a lead frame, the epoxy package is designed as an IR filter. The modulated output signal, carrier out, can be used for repeater applications and code learning applications.
This component has not been qualified according to automotive specifications.
• Photo detector and preamplifier in one package
• AC coupled response from 30 kHz to 60 kHz, all
• If the IR signal strength is more then 500 mW/m2
(distance less than 0.5 m with a typical IR remote
control), the frequency range is limited to 55 kHz
• Improved shielding against electrical field
• AGC to suppress ambient noise
• High sensitivity, long receiving range
• Supply voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
• Carrier out signal for IR repeater applications
• Material categorization: for definitions of compliance
please see www.vishay.com/doc?99912